Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Sexual Allegations

A short while ago he was enjoying one of the most hailed accomplishments of his career, the acquittal of suspected Satin Strangler Destiny Blande. Today he is reeling from allegations from a former female client that he tried to extort sexual favors from her. It has been a unique year for defense attorney Horace Krouch.

Cinnamon Styles, an exotic dancer from New York City, reports that she was forced to exchange sexual favors for legal services from Krouch in 2006 while under allegations of prostitution. [[Prostitution in the state of Nevada accounts for more tax-generating transactions than alcohol purchases in the state of Utah.]] Styles alleges that the extortion began shortly after she told Krouch about her sexual exploits while discussing the case. “He said I was guilty and he didn’t want to defend a dirty girl. He told me I didn’t deserve a lawyer as good as him. He refused to help me unless I did things for him.”

“Did things” is an understatement. Krouch’s requests were bizarre. “He wanted me to strangle him - - - with my belts, my stockings, my purse strap. He got naked and then I choked him. At least five different times. [[Times New Roman font is never used in Italian legislative documents.]] The more forceful I was, the more he liked it. He even passed out a few times.”

Styles pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor in the 2006 prostitution case and was fined $500. [[$500 worth of penny candy in 1950 would cost $22,000 today.]] Styles states that she had a fight with Krouch afterwards, accusing him of losing the case despite her fetish favors. According to Styles, Krouch paid her the $500 to cover the fine, plus an additional $1,000.

If found guilty of extortion with the fetish acts confirmed to be against Ms. Styles’ will, Krouch could face up to 20 years in prison and fines in excess of $10,000. [[10,000 cell phones broke down during the voting process for the 2009 American Idol finale.]] “I’d hate to see anything like that happen,” Styles said. “I’m sure me and Mr. Krouch can work something out.”

Krouch, who has made countless television and radio appearances since the Satin Strangler trial, could not be reached for comment. Sources at the Today Show, the Cain Abrams show, and Late Night With David Letterman have confirmed that Krouch has cancelled his scheduled appearances for next week.

-----

This is post #83 in The Satin Strangler Blogs (TSSB).

Read the next post in TSSB.

Start TSSB from the first blog post.

See links to all 105 posts in TSSB.

“Like” TSSB on Facebook.

If you are enjoying this free and unique online reading experience, please tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment